The Pyrenean Adventure Challenge.
From the deepest valleys to the highest peaks, a great adventure awaits you: hiking, mountain bike cycling, rafting, canyoning and a night under the stars. The perfect combination to discover the National Park and its’ surroundings.
A great adventure from North to South, four days of exciting activities. Starting off by walking the highest peaks and lakes of the National Park, where the purest water can be found and vegetation is almost inexistent.
Will reach the source of the river and will follow its course riding a bicycle, entering the valley until reaching the first inhabited villages. Will navigate 40km of river in a passionate rafting descent, with innumerable rapids, moments of calm waters, and passing through the steepest ravines.
Finally, we will spend the night in an isolated glamping style mountain camp, and will finish the adventure descending the mythical Infern Canyon, passing through the steep walls that the water has shaped, over the last centuries.
A grand challenge, a journey across the Pyrenean water paths, you can’t miss!
Possibility of collecting and transferring customers from anywhere in Spain and returning them to their place of origin.
The programme can be adapted to the customer’s needs, both in difficulty and in number of days on route.
Meet up in Boí, the entrance town to the National Park of Aigüestortes y Estany de Sant Maurici. Peresentations and explanations of the routes, logistic information, etc.
Head to the Planell d’Aigüestortes in 4×4 vehicles, where the walking route starts. Up the Sant Nicolau valley passing by the fascinating Estany Llong until the neck of Portarró d’Espot.
After observing the views, we will make our way with a gentle descent to the Estany de Sant Maurici, where the 4×4 vehicle will collect us and drive us back to the town of Esterri d’Àneu. A nice high Pyrenean town where we will rest and recover.
Spend the night in a typical mountain hotel where you will taste good traditional Catalan cuisine.
Breakfast in the hotel.
Once ready, the organisation vehicle will pick us up and get us to the Pla de Beret, in the neighbour region of Vall d’Aran. Impressing alpine fields that will be the starting point of our next adventure, this time in mountain bike.
We will start pedalling right in the source of the Noguera Pallaresa river. A 32km and a 1000m negative gradient to enjoy the essence of MTB to its maximum level. During the itinerary, we will stop for a picnic lunch to charge batteries.
Esterri d’Àneu is the town where the MTB route finishes. We will enjoy the warm atmosphere of a calm, high mountain town.
Again, in the hotel, a delicious dinner will be served and will take the necessary rest to continue with the adventure.
Full breakfast in the hotel and transfer to Llavorsí, where we will begin almost a 40km rafting descent. In the North section of the tour we will see alpine landscapes, and fun and fast white water rapids.
After a break half way on the route, we will navigate more calmly the South section, enjoying the views from the incredible perspective of the Congost de Collegats from the raft boat.
Once on dry land, change of equipment, to go on the 1 hour hiking route that will lead us directly to our mountain camp, equipped with all the essentials and where we will spend a night under the stars.
When we get there, we will have time to have a cold beer or a soft drink in an idyllic place, in nature.
Savour a complete expedition dinner, cooked on the spot, with local products of Pallars.
A full breakfast in the camp will provide us with energy for the last day of adventure.
The group will be provided with the specific equipment to access the Barranc de l’Infern, an impressive canyoning descent in a very aquatic canyon, where the water has sculpted the rocks into thousand different shapes. Jumps, pools, and abseiling are awaiting us down to the arrival point, in the confluence with the Noguera Pallaresa river.
Transfer up to Sort and end of the adventure.
- Accommodation in a typical mountain hotel located in the town of Boí, with dinner and breakfast included.
- Transfer in 4×4 to access the National Park in the Boí valley.
- 5-6 hour hiking route guided by a local mountain guide.
- All the picnic lunches needed for the activities.
- 4×4 transfer out the National Park from l’Estany de Sant Maurici to the town of Espot.
- 2 nights of accommodation in Esterri d’Àneu, in a cosy mountain hotel, with dinner, breakfast and SPA circuit included.
- Half a day guided mountain bike route.
- Exciting 40km rafting descent down the white-water river Noguera Pallaresa.
- Guided hiking route that will take us to the mountain camp.
- Accommodation in an exclusive mountain camp located in the National Reserve of Boumort.
- Dinner, tasting of local products and breakfast, cooked in the camp.
- Local guides will be helping you discover every corner and will accompany you throughout your stay and all the activities.
- Guided canyoning activity in one of the most spectacular canyons found in the Pyrenees. The Barranc de l’Infern.
- All the technical equipment needed to carry out all the activities.
- Luggage transportation to all the places where there is an overnight stay, except for the mountain camp, where we will access with a small backpack.
- All the internal transports needed for correct development of the whole adventure.
Trip available on request for private groups during the months of:
May*, June*, July, August, September, October.
(*Depending on the amount of snow present)
Guaranteed departure dates:
- 17, 18, 19 and 20 of July
- 4, 5, 6 and 7 of September
Practice hiking, mountain bike, rafting, and canyoning in an incessant adventure where you will live new experiences every day.
Discover the Pyrenees from different perspectives with various exciting activities.
Enjoy a night under the stars in an exclusive mountain camp, equipped with all the basics needed, and situated in a unique spot.
Visit authentic Pyrenean villages, ideal to relax after the activities.
Relish great variety of flavours and products that this territory offers.
The Grand Pyrenean Adventure Challenge
Click on the image to enlarge
“Brilliant! We haven’t stopped a minute. All four days have been a constant adventure. I would have never imagined being capable of doing all these adventures. The Pyrenees, beautiful!”
“I have discovered a unique place. Picturesque valleys and super authentic villages. The daily adventures this people propose are unsurpassable, and the atmosphere during these days, extremely fun. A 100% recommended journey.”